Saturday, November 15, 2014

2014 Holiday in England (3)

In the middle of our first week in England, we went to Maidstone, where I always love the river Medway.

Archbishop's Palace, Maidstone

River Medway

We visited two famous seaside towns. First Dover, where we arrived too late to go inside the castle, so we just took photos from the outside and then walked on the beach and saw the White Cliffs.

Dover Castle

Dover beach, with view of the White Cliffs

Dunkirk Memorial





The next day we visited Brighton, where we walked along the beach, visited Brighton Pier, with its amusement arcade, and saw lots of seagulls.


Brighton Pier

Brighton Wheel




Brighton Pier

1 comment:

Ariadne said...

Oh what great memories I have of those places, and how I regret that my friend and I could not go to see the White Cliffs but at least Maidstone, Dover and Brighton were excellent and we also went to Hastings.I went inside Dover Castle, and the Pavillion in Brighton, we walked the Pier,too!Great memories!AriadnefromGreece!